Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week Two: What I KNOW and Want to LEARN!

How I Use Technology/Resources Now...

Microsoft Office...of course...daily...and I LOVE EXCEL  !!! 
Flickr, my go to for meaningful pictures than you get on google images
Skype...son away at college, helps me keep in touch ;)
Facebook...yup
Gmail and Google Drive (formerly Docs)...for EVERYTHING
Curriculum Mapper, love this tool for organizing and searching out other teaching ideas
Thinking Maps software...so helpful for me, and many of my students
Getting started with Google Reader, before this class, seems like it will be handy
You Tube...great resource, also Teacher Tube
Online News Sources
Moodles...for my grad classes and for my students occasionally
Wiki's on some of my classroom topics
My Kindle Fire, LOVE IT
Prezi...my middle schoolers love this presentation format
FLIP cameras...for video
Audacity.... for sound
Making a short little Extranormal video...very fun!
I have computerized simulators...those annoying infant simulators for my high school students and a fun middle school program with Ystart smoking simulators

What I want to LEARN.....

How to make this all seamless...right now I feel I need a matrix to keep track of passwords, ID's, user names etc...

Balancing the thrill of new things, and the actual effectiveness of using them in the classroom, and my life...

Maximizing READER...this seems like part of the solution...need practice

TIME MANAGEMENT....hours go by working on this stuff...whose doing the laundry???

2nd Life...Avatar's ...sounds so fun BUT how does it fit in the classroom...I can definitely see getting into it 

Mostly I think I want to concentrate on the COP and PLN spheres... getting started exploring these options...Love anything with DIY in it and DIY learning sounds optimal

Use Wikipedia Discussion?

Diigo? Discussions???

Tagging???


1 comment:

  1. Great start to this course, as you mention so many tools that we will touch upon in this class. Finding time, well, sorry, I wish I could help on that front! My suggestion is mostly to wait for a snow day and browse through your google reader to catch up on the 1000+ posts that may have accumulated since your last time there! Sorry to sound discouraging, but I too feel the exact same way. So much out there, so much to do, so very little time to learn it all and do it all! There will be some strategies that might help throughout this course and how to make it seamless may be a personal preference. Sticking to what is comfortable and what works for you, rather than feeling like you need to explore the newest and latest/greatest tools. Just some thoughts! We will keep plugging through and hopefully I can guide you along this journey to assist in your above W's!

    ReplyDelete