Saturday, November 24, 2012

Still haven't met the perfect PLN...haven't given up...just...TIME


This picture is kind of why I haven't gotten my PLN going....

I feel like I am going to be hit by that wagon, and that little bluebird is taunting me......

I can barely keep up with the Diigo, it's a great idea....I have added lots of content, I like the tagging so I can find stuff....I do still want to know if there is a way to move my mass of bookmarks over to it?....and now, imagining the time it would take to tags a hundred or so bookmarks.....back under that wagon.

Blogger is great....and I have become much more proficient, although not typical, I guess. I use it more in my classes. One measurement of how far I've come with this is that previously, when I searched, I would skips past all the blogs....bad attitude, I guess. Now, many of them are in my Diigo.

Twitter is my roadblock now. I just can't imagine figuring that into my life. I don't want to spend any more time on keypads, reading screens, swimming through the vast amount of content. Twitter is one of the three pillars of PLN as described by Miguel Guhlin.  

Now, I know....he mentioned the panic attack, the overwhelming amount of content, and all these similar fears.  I understand the notion of 'grab the wheel', direct how you interact with all this content, I do.  I guess I am just at a slower pace. Some days, I just dread having to come in and blog, or write a paper etc....I tend to compartmentalize my life...priorities are fluid but my children, home, getting outside, happiness, friends, pets, work, students, grad work, 2nd job, projects.....I want to keep up on things, but in perspective, in balance. I guess I am working to get there. 

Work is a bit out of balance right now, more of a looming mountain...Student Council has a lot going on, my GSA is back up and running and needs a lot of front loading, NEASC accreditation committees, who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment