Saturday, November 10, 2012

About Podcasting...


As for my foray into podcasting....hmmmm...searching for a topic.
Here's what I came up with after watching the two Project Based Learning in Hand videos.



Maybe it is because I am so very visual, but I have had a difficult time joining in on the Podcast arena. I do listen to some, they are mostly missed segments from NPR. I have even used a few in my upper level classes. 
I like it when I can find a series of podcasts on a particular Health topic. then I can have students listen to individual ones, and bring them together to report out on the varying aspects they heard, to the larger group. 
Sometimes though...I find students have difficulty

 ....just listening. Since the mode of delivery is the computers at school with headphones, they end up having several windows open, multi-tasking, and only partially listening. I can relate to this, it's hard sometimes. 
My love affair with all things NPR is because I am in the car, driving, and require another outlet or I will daydream five miles past my exit!!!

Here is a link to my favorite one-time podcast. It is my older son Jake's. 
A little background. 
First: He and his friend Hannah are trying to impersonate an NPR 'tone'. They are both very knowledgeable about NPR.


Second: It is not meant to demean religion, it is just their quirky sense of humor.

Third: It began one night when they were walking to town, found a stick, held on to it, and got silly. They were broke and hungry (for food other than the college car which they both had access to!!!). Outside the local place, the aroma's were intoxicating, they asked their stick, as if a magic wand, for some delicious pizza, ...out came this large biker dude and girlfriend, arguing over how they were going to ride with a pizza box of leftovers...they saw the kids, gave them their pizza and ....these two decided then and there, to begin a faux philosophy called 'stickism', complete with quasi-comandments, and the embedded podcast from their Tumblr page

Listen at Your Own Risk!!!

As for my foray into podcasting....hmmmm...searching for a topic.
Here's what I came up with after watching the two Project Based Learning in Hand videos.

Project Based Learning in Hand

listen to ‘Project Based Learning in Hand’ on Audioboo






2 comments:

  1. I always have a problem myself with questions and creating deep meaningful questions. I guess the whole point is to try to create those questions so big they just can't be googled or copy and pasted! Glad you are enjoying the rubistar. I always like to have the kids peer review projects with each other and self assess. It helps to make sure they did not miss any of the parts! Nice job on the podcast. I am happy to hear you are using most of the technology and steps in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great NPR sound. I to try and go for that when doing any recording. Only thing NPR missing would be a bit of music coming in during transitions. You have a great voice for podcasting.......NPR style. They always sound a bit crisp and articulate. Brava.....

    A suggestion I gave to Melissa. Perhaps students could give health tips that could be posted on the school website, or you along with students.

    Nice job......I may convert to "Stickatechism" after listening in to Jake's "NPR" podcast. Thanks

    ReplyDelete